FULL CUSTOM PACKS
In the coming months there will be some changes to our Full Custom Pack services. In an effort to keep up with the increasing demand for our products, our focus will shift to an easier shopping experience in an effort to shorten lead times with some limits on the types of customizations we will offer.
As this transition takes effect, we will focus on utilizing the existing features that our THRU and LITE packs have, while still offering options such as: Front pocket mesh choice, Shoulder strap width, 1-6 separate colors, Torso size, Hip belt style and size, and possibly other options to be determined.
If you are looking to build a pack at our base price with a few color and material choices, visit our Built-to-Order page.
Fill out this self-explanatory form and submit for a free Custom Quote Link. For more info on how to order and for some ideas on what past customers have customized on their packs, scroll down on this page. The turnaround time right now (Summer 2018) for Custom Packs is now a *5 week minimum, this time is subject to change due to volume of orders. Packs aren't built until payment is made. Once you place your order, we ask that you make no more changes to your pack, so look everything over before purchasing. Built-to-Order and Full Custom Packs are both considered "Custom" work and are therefore not eligible for returns, refunds or exchanges due to the investment of time and materials. Please take this into consideration when placing an order for any "Custom" products.
**UPDATE: All LITE 50 L models now feature Single Over-the-top "Y" Compression straps like the THRU Series packs. This style has a "V" strap on the backside of the pack that is adjustable allowing it to combine with the single front adjustable strap to form a "Y". Pull the "Y" more to the front for additional stability if strapping gear to the top of your pack, or pull it more towards the back if not needed.
Guide to Building your Full Custom Pack:
- Use our current packs (LITE™ 50L and the THRU™ with or without hip-belts) as your starting point. Torso and hip-belt sizes are chosen in the Custom Pack Form at the top of the page.
- Determine a Color scheme you would like that best suits your personality. Here are the panels that can be colored:
- Front panel (opposite of your back)
- Back panel (against your back)
- Side panels (right and left, in respect to you wearing the pack. Choose 1 color for both sides, or a different color on each side. (For example, keep in mind the left side would be in respect to you wearing the pack and reaching to the side of the pack with your left hand)
- Lower front pocket bottom (the strip of fabric at the bottom of the front mesh pocket. Some customers will match this to the side panel colors, but feel free to mix it up!)
- Side pockets
- The default color and style for 2018 THRU packs is now Black VX21 RS soft or Black VX07 RS soft, with a low profile accordion style pocket. This fabric is very durable and has a more cloth-like feel, making it easier to take items in and out of the pocket. If you would like a fabric other than VX21 RS soft or VX07 RS soft, choose 1 color for both sides, or a different color on each side.
- For the LITE 50 Liter, choose 1 color for both sides, or a different color on each side. You may also choose to use Heavy Duty mesh as your side pocket material for a small weight savings.
- You can also clarify if you'd like the Low profile accordion bottom, or a squared bottom.
- Pack bottom (This is a bathtub style bottom that wraps up to all for sides of the pack, so it is all one color. The bottom color on the sides of the pack are covered by the side pockets, however.) The most common fabric used is VX21 (210 denier nylon face with taffeta backing) or VX21 RS Soft Black. Black is used 95% of the time.
- Front mesh pocket elastic channel (The standard is a black 200 denier oxford). We have a few other Ripstop nylon fabric colors such as Orange, Blue, Dark Green, Olive Green, Brown, Neon Green, Gray.
- Shoulder Straps (Choose one color for both).
- Hip Belt (Choose 1 color for the top visible fabric. The underside is black with gray 3D spacer mesh by default for LITE 50 Liters, and gray 3D spacer mesh on THRU series packs).
- Use the List below for some ideas on customizations we have done for past customers. If you don't see an option you are looking for, don't worry! Use the "Custom Pack Details" section in your submission to describe what you are looking to build. We will discuss with you via email or phone to clarify the details so we can build your pack tailor made to you.
Here are a list of custom options customers have requested:
- Bottom-of-Pack stow away pocket. We now ONLY offer VX21 RS (soft) Black for this feature. We unfortunately will NOT use Mesh of any kind for a bottom pocket with our current pack selections, as it does not have long lasting durability.
- Inside flat pocket or sleeve to keep items safe and dry. Paper maps, a passport, electronic gear, first aid, etc. You may already have a certain size dry bag or dopp you use for these items, give us a dimension you are looking for and we can make it. The standard size is 5" tall x 8" wide, is made with ripstop nylon or Xpac upon request with a #5 waterproof zipper and is removable with 2 clips inside the pack against the front panel.
- Hydration bladder kit. This would include an inner pack hanging sleeve, a hydration port for your hose to exit the pack, and a shoulder strap elastic to route your hose. The provided bladder sleeve will accommodate up to a 3 liter bladder like a Platypus or other similar brands.
- Fabric choice on your front and side pockets. Choose from the standard heavy duty mesh, Xpac fabric, or Lycra (4-way stretch mesh fabric).
- Suggestions: Heavy duty mesh and Xpac fabric are best suited for side pockets and front pocket. Stretchy fine mesh fabric is best suited for front pockets only, as it is more prone to snagging on brush or rocks on side pockets.
- 2 Bottom pack straps with adjustable buckles. Choose this option if you need to lash a sleeping pad (will fit a Thermarest accordion or roll sleeping pad), tent, etc. to the bottom of your pack. Choose:
- Nylon straps 1/2" wide with adjustable buckles, or
- 2mm Cord with adjustable buckles. (Ultralight option)
- Suggestions: Choose Nylon 1/2" webbing for a heavier duty option, or 2mm cord if you are trying to go Ultralight.
- Choose a Color scheme that fits your personality. We have a full line of VX21, VX21 RS Soft, and VX07 Xpac material (listed in heaviest down to lightest). You can choose any color scheme for your pack that you like!
We've been waiting for you.