FULL CUSTOM PACKS
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, YOU'VE GOT HUNDREDS, MAYBE EVEN THOUSANDS OF MILES UNDER YOUR BELT. IT'S TIME TO BUILD THE PACK YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED, LET'S GET STARTED. IT'S A FREE, NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION WITH A QUOTE, SO NO WORRIES.
Guide to Building your Full Custom Pack:
- Use our current packs (LITE™ 50L and the THRU™ 38L, 40L and 42 L with our without hip-belts) as your starting point.
- Determine a Color scheme you would like that best suits your personality. Here are the panels that can be colored:
- Front panel (opposite of your back)
- Back panel (against your back)
- Side panels (right and left, in respect to you wearing the pack. Many customers will choose a different color on each side, so for example keep in mind the left side would be in respect to you wearing the pack and reaching to the side of the pack with your left hand)
- Lower front pocket bottom (the strip of fabric at the bottom of the front mesh pocket. Most customers will match this to the side panel colors, but feel free to mix it up!)
- Side pockets
- 1 full color on THRU™ series packs
- For the LITE™ 50L break into 2 colors, upper and lower side pocket pieces
- Pack bottom (This is a bathtub style bottom that wraps up to all for sides of the pack, so it is all one color. The bottom color on the sides of the pack are covered by the side pockets, however.) The most common fabric used is VX21 or X21. We also have a variety of heavier fabrics (X33 Multicam, X50 Black Multicam, VX42 Black, VX42 Olive)
- Fabric not recommended: VX03
- Front mesh pocket elastic channel (The standard is a black 200 denier oxford). We have a few other Ripstop nylon fabric colors such as Orange, Blue, Dark Green, Olive Green, Brown, Neon Green, Gray.
- Shoulder Straps (Choose any color for both, either matching or 2 different colors).
- Hip Belt (Choose 1 color for the LITE™ 50L or 2 different colors for a THRU™ series pack)
- Use the List below for some ideas on customizations we have done for past customers. If you don't see an option you are looking for, don't worry! Use the Custom Pack Details section in your submission to describe what you are looking to build. We will discuss with you via email or phone to clarify the details so we can build your pack tailor made to you.
Here are a list of custom options customers have requested:
- Lower Front reach-around side access pocket. This pocket can have either a Left or Right side access with an elastic opening to keep your gear or snacks snug inside. This design works great in conjunction with the standard front mesh pocket.
- Bottom-of-Pack stow away pocket. We suggest any fabric in the VX21 selection, or Dyneema X Gridstop Black. We unfortunately will not use Mesh of any kind for a bottom pocket with our current pack selections, as it does not have long lasting durability.
- Taller side or front pockets, your choice of fabric or mesh. You may have a tent, a water bladder, or other gear you'd like to fit in a side pocket instead of on the inside of your pack. Side pockets come standard at 3" deep (measurement from main pack to outside of side pocket), 6-7" wide depending on model, 8" tall at your back and 11" tall at the front of pack for easy water bottle access. The Standard side pocket will fit 2 large Smart water bottles side by side each.
- Suggestions: Specify the height of the pocket you want.
- Inside flat pocket or sleeve to keep items safe and dry. Paper maps, a passport, electronic gear, first aid, etc. You may already have a certain size dry bag or dopp you use for these items, give us a dimension you are looking for and we can make it. The standard size is 5" tall x 8" wide, is made with silnylon with a #3 waterproof zipper and is removable with 2 clips inside the pack against the front panel.
- Suggestions: Specify if you want a different size by providing the height and width you require and if you'd like the pocket sewn in permanently or removable.
- Hydration bladder kit. This would include an inner pack hanging sleeve, a hydration port for your hose to exit the pack, and a shoulder strap elastic to route your hose.
- Suggestions: Specify if you have a specific volume and model you need to fit. (example: 3 liter, Platypus).
- Fabric choice on your front and side pockets. Choose from the standard heavy duty mesh, Xpac fabric, or stretchy fine mesh fabric.
- Suggestions: Heavy duty mesh and Xpack fabric are best suited for side pockets and front pocket. Stretchy fine mesh fabric is best suited for front pockets only, as it is more prone to snagging on brush or rocks on side pockets.
- 2 Bottom pack straps with adjustable buckles. Choose this option if you need to lash a sleeping pad (will fit a Thermarest accordion or roll sleeping pad), tent, etc. to the bottom of your pack. Choose:
- Nylon straps 1/2" wide with adjustable buckles, or
- 2mm Cord with adjustable buckles. (Ultralight option)
- Suggestions: Choose Nylon 1/2" webbing for a heavier duty option, or 2mm cord if you are trying to go Ultralight.
- Single over the top compression strap (instead of the standard 2). Choose this option if you are looking to simplify and reduce a little weight.
- Suggestions: This is recommended for the LITE™ 50L if you DON'T plan on strapping anything to the top such as a bear canister.
- If you choose this option for a THRU™ series pack, keep in mind that you would no longer benefit from the load lifter shoulder strap top compression system. This option would best be suited if you are going truly Ultralight with a max comfortable carry of 17 instead of 20 lbs on a THRU™ series hip-less pack.
- Heavier Duty fabric. This is an option if you are tough on your gear or spend time on less groomed trails bushwhacking. We have a variety of heavier Xpac material in the following: VX42 Olive Green, X33 Green Multicam (330 denier Cordura face), X50 Black Multicam (500 denier Cordura face). We also have a full line of VX21 in a range of colors, you can choose any color scheme for your pack that you like!
- Suggestions: These fabrics are best suited for the bottom parts of the pack. We are unable to use any of these fabrics for elastic sleeves for front or side pockets or the water bottle shoulder pocket, as the fabric is too stiff and won't conform to the elastic.
- Choose a Color scheme that fits your personality. We have a full line of VX21, VX07, X21 RC and VX03 (listed in heaviest down to lightest). You can choose any color scheme for your pack that you like!
The turnaround time right now for Custom Packs is a *3-4 week minimum, this time is subject to change due to volume of orders. Packs aren't built until payment is made. Once you place your order, we ask that you make no more changes to your pack, so look everything over before purchasing.
We've been waiting for you.